Imagine what would happen if the EU really did unite and cooperate with a modicum of humanitarian principle to tackle the migrant crisis?
- Refugees could be fast-tracked and distributed over the EU properly without burdening any one country.
- Asylum seekers could get a fair and consistent application process from which they would be allocated an EU country.
- Economic migrants would have a transparent and efficient mechanism to apply based on skills required in particular countries of the EU, and directed to that/those country/countries.
- Asylum application or migration applications that do not meet the agreed requirements can be properly processed for deportation to countries of origin.
- An EU border system could be implemented to protect the EU external borders whilst