Oh this is just sublime!
I had considered that a snap election might happen, but never expected it to be called this early. It is nonetheless an exquisite peice of political machination.
- Given that the fears of Brexit are now almost gone,
- Given that the economy is holding out better than even Brexiteers hoped,
- Given that UKIP is a spent force,
- Given that Labour is in a shambles,
- Given that none of the real costs and consequences of Brexit are known,
- Given that most of the press is implicitly or explicitly cheerleading the government at the moment,
Why oh why would any politician wanting to consolidate his or her grip on power not call an election?
Read the full post on Quora.